Our ward boundaries have changed and they even changed the name of our of ward. Since there are so many new Young Women I thought it would be great to play a Speed Friendship game so the leaders and the girls could get to know one another better.
It was so much fun! I’ve seen this game on Pinterest but I haven’t found a website that really breaks down all the rules and explains all the details.
Rules for the Speed Friendship Game
1.If you are sitting on the RIGHT SIDE of the table you DON’T MOVE.
- If you are sitting on the LEFT SIDE of the table you get to ask the questions. Both people have to answer the question.
- You have two minutes for each question.
- The person on the left side of the table moves to the left after each round is complete.
- The roll of the dice will tell us which question we get to ask during each round. We’ll have least one round until everyone on the left side of the table has talked to everyone on the right side of the table.
- Mark each question that you have asked on your paper. Otherwise it might get confusing!
- If you ask or answer a brown question, eat as many brown M&M’s as you like. If you ask or answer an orange question, eat as many orange M&M’s. Etc.
And the questions I used are below. I gave a sheet of questions to everyone that was sitting on the left side of the table.
Brown Questions (Brown is #1)
- If you had to become an animal, which one would you pick? Why?
- What’s your favorite fast food?
- Name the last book you read? Did you like it?
- What’s your dream job?
Orange Questions (Orange is #2)
- Where were you born? Where else have you lived besides here?
- Name two things you can’t live without. Why?
- Do you think dipping french fries in chocolate shakes or frosties is gross or great?
- Do you have any pets?
Yellow Questions (Yellow is #3)
- Would you rather have x-ray vision, bionic hearing, invisibility, or some other super power? Why?
- What do you most look forward to everyday?
- What is your favorite subject in school? What is your least favorite subject? Why?
- What is your favorite tv show or movie?
Green Questions (Green is #4)
- If you had a whole day to spend however you would like (money is no object), what would you choose to do?
- What is your favorite Primary song?
- Do you play any musical instruments? How long have you been playing?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have? Are you the oldest? Youngest? Middlest?
Blue Questions (Blue is #5)
- If you could travel back in time and witness an event in history, what would you like to see? Why?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Name something you are good at. Or what’s something you don’t do well, but you’d like to do better?
- What’s your favorite book in the book of Mormon?
Red Questions (Red is #6)
- If you could ask the Savior one question (and get an answer) what would it be?
- What’s your favorite talk given by an apostle or a general authority?
- What’s your favorite home cooked meal? Can you cook it by yourself?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, (money is no object) where would you go? Why?
We played for about 30 minutes and then we worked on Personal Progress for the rest of the time. The Young Women loved it and we definitely have to play again at some point!
In the four white bowls on the table, I had plain M&M’s and peanut M&M’s. The Young Women and the leaders really loved them. I also love serving in Young Women’s! It’s so much fun. Feel free to use my questions and my rules. Contact me with any questions you may have. Let me know how you played Speed Friendshipping in your ward.